Our company provides comprehensive management of your rental property. We have various options for you to choose from.
- Manage Your Rental Calendar – this service includes sending all letters to your guests, managing payments and damage deposits, ensuring that your property never gets over booked, list your property on VRBO and various combinations tailored to your requests.
- Maintain your property – rental properties require the same maintenance as your own home and more. Our staff provides weekly clean-ups while your guests are in your home and while you are staying in your home. Our professional pool service will take care of your pool and hot tub throughout the year. Our staff services air conditioners, water pumps, checks you gas levels and takes care of everything in your home. From minor to major repairs, we work with our owners to make certain that your home is always ready.
- Concierge Service – our staff of specialists will greet your guests, review the property with them and show them any special features they may need to know. Additionally guests will be provided with a price list for items that might need to be replaced if they are damaged during their stay. A walk through is conducted with guests prior to their departure to insure owners that all is in order before a damage deposit is refunded.
- Utilities and Taxes – we can assist in payment of utility bills and local taxes.
Our rates are tailored to whichever level of service you choose. The most important consideration for any vacation rental property owner is working with a company that has a proven record of excellent service. Mundaca Real Estate is that company.
Design & Construction
Our team includes architectural partners who work with our clients to help complete the perfect design for the island. It is important that any design be completed by architects who are familiar with the island and the local building regulations.
We can assure our clients that any architect we use has a proven history of home design that has held up to both the weather and the specific climate considerations.
We work with one of the largest and most respected builders on the island. With a crew of over 100 employees he is able to meet and exceed our clients expectations. Our staff can assist with oversight, permits and coordination and delivery of construction materials.
We have helped clients complete their dream vacation home even when they were unable to be on the island during any of the construction.
Just imagine walking into your brand new custom designed vacation home for the first time!
How to Buy Property in Mexico
There are two ways to purchase property in Mexico. The following is a simple description of the process and should not be taken as legal advice:
The Fideicomiso is the equivalent to a beneficial bank trust established through a Mexican bank in order to purchase real estate anywhere in Mexico, including the Restricted Zone. The buyer requests a Mexican bank of his/her choice to act as a trustee on his/her behalf. The bank obtains a permit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to acquire the chosen property in trust. The fideicomiso may be established for a maximum of 50 years and can be automatically renewed for another 50 years.
The bank becomes the legal owner of the property for the exclusive use of the buyer/beneficiary who has all of the benefits of a direct owner, including the ability to lease or transfer his/her rights to the property to a third party or a pre-appointed heir. During this period, the foreigner is considered as a Mexican national.
The bank trustee is responsible to the beneficiary to ensure the fulfillment of the trust, assuming full technical, legal and administrative supervision is in order to protect the interests of the beneficiary.
A minimum of two shareholders is required, who can both be foreign persons or companies. In most cases, Mexican corporations choose between two forms of limited liability corporations: SA and S de RL. In the case of a service or consulting company, an unlimited liability partnership called an SC is often used or at least considered as well.
The declaration of a small amount of paid in capital, depending on the terms of the selected incorporation from which in all cases is relatively low and nothing but an accounting function. There is a set of by-laws depending on the regulations and characteristics of the selected incorporation form.
The preparation and sending of notarized and apostillized documents, bylaws and powers in the case of a corporation or only a power in the case of an individual shareholder will be handled by a Mexican attorney who will review said documents with the notary and obtain said translations by an official translator. A Mexican attorney will confirm the corporate name, draw up the bylaws, put together required powers and translated documents, represent the foreign shareholders (companies or persons) at the incorporation with the notary and obtain the federal taxpayer number (RFC) immediately after the incorporation. Then a Mexican notary will notarize the bylaws and file the bylaws with the appropriate commercial and property registration offices. If sales run through the Mexican corporation, a Mexican accountant will be needed as well for accounting and tax paying reasons.
* Laws passed in 1973 and 1993 have made it possible for Foreigners to purchase property within 64 miles of the Mexico’s borders and 32 miles from its coastline.
It is important to have help making the right buying decision for you. At Mundaca Real Estate we can assist our buyers in finding with referrals to experienced attorneys and notaries in order to make your buying experience as simple as possible.